We’re here to help! Below is a list of our frequently asked questions to help you make your stay with us at River Hotel a memorable one.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us to find out more.
What is your cancellation policy?
Bookings before February 28, 2022:
River Hotel is allowing guests to cancel without penalty by 6 pm day of arrival for existing and new bookings through February 28, 2022.
Bookings after February 28, 2022:
While we’ll miss you, we know sometimes plans change. We allow free cancellations and changes until 6 pm (hotel local time), 48 hours prior to arrival. Any cancellations or modifications made after that time are subject to a charge of one night’s room plus tax. Please note there are no cancellations or changes allowed on reservations booked under the Non-Refundable Rate.
Do you have a reservation waitlist?
We do have waitlists and will notify you should rooms become available.
Do you permit pets?
Pets are not permitted, except service animals.
What are your check-in and check-out times?
Check-in time is 3pm; check-out time is Noon. Early check-in or late check-out can be arranged for a minimal charge if available at the time of check-in.
How late can we check in?
You can check in as late as 6am the day after you are due to arrive. Your credit card automatically guarantees your room. If you are checking in late and know this, please advise when making the reservation or call the hotel directly the day of arrival.
Are you able to hold our luggage?
We are happy to store your luggage either on arrival in the morning if there are no rooms available to check into, or upon departure. A Guest Service Manager at the Reception Desk can do this for you.
Is there a fitness room?
Yes, we have a Fitness Center with cardio equipment and free weights. Additionally, we will deliver exercise equipment and yoga kits to your room at no additional charge.
Do you have room service?
We currently do not have an on-site restaurant. We have in-room service, which can be ordered from Butler Hospitality and Land & Lake restaurant. The River Hotel, is walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Visit our Dining page for some recommended dining options.
Do you have laundry services?
Same day valet cleaning and complimentary self-service laundry are available at River Hotel.
Is parking available at the hotel?
Self-parking is available at:
20 E Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60601
Open 24 Hours
What is the minimum age requirement to check into the room?
Guests must be at least 18 years old to check in to our rooms.
How much do you charge for high-speed Wi-Fi?
Free high-speed Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms and throughout our hotel.
Are there accessible features at River Hotel?
The following areas of the hotel are accessible:
• Public entrance
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the business center
• Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the exercise facilities
• Business center
• Meeting rooms
• Public restrooms
The following areas of the hotel may not be fully accessible (please call the hotel for more information):
• Registration desk
• Fitness center
Additional accessibility information:
• Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
• Hotel’s valet accepts vehicles specially outfitted for wheelchair users
• Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
• Hotel has a TTY for guest use
• Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
• Service animals are welcome
• Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
• Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision